Sunday - Thursday, 5-9 February 2012
As part of the 2011 International Petroleum Technology Conference (IPTC), an Education Week is to be organised for the benefit of the best, final-year undergraduate geoscience and engineering students from qualified institutions worldwide. 100 students from 32 countries and 64 institutions have been selected to attend Education Week at IPTC.
The purpose of Education Week is to give the students a clear insight into the industry that they are about to join; to allow them to return to their universities and colleges with a positive story to relate to their fellow students and to provide opportunities for students to form new friendships and to work together on a joint activity.
Participating students will be assigned to work on a project group, to share their ideas and best practices, to address issues and brainstorm solutions. Students will be required to make a presentation on their group report on Thursday morning, 9 February 2012. Topics assignments include:
- Marginal Fields Development
- CO2 Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Horizontal wells, Multilaterals and Complex Well Architecture
- Intelligent Fields & Intelligent Wells
- Shale Gas Technology and Development
- Deep Water Oil & Gas Development
- CO2 Sequestration (CCS)
- Coalbed Methane
- HSE: Managing the Risks related to Oil and Gas industry
- Floating LNG
At the same time, students will be interacting with a number of major industry employers who are constantly looking to recruit the best talent from institutions across the region.
Sunday, 5 February
Registration and Hotel Check-in, Welcome Reception/Dinner
Monday, 6 February
Presentations by Industry Executives, Panel Session by Young Professionals, a Session with the Education Week Sponsors, and Group Project assignments begin
Tuesday-Wednesday, 7-8 February
Attend the Opening Ceremony, Executive Plenary Session, Technical Sessions and Exhibition, and Group Project assignments continue, Field Trip to PTTEP Energy Complex, and finalise Group Project assignments
Thursday, 9 February
Presentation and Judging of the Group Projects, visit Exhibition, Presentation of the Awards at Closing Session, and Hotel Check-Out (or Friday, 10 February 2012)
Education Week Subcommittee
- Troy G. Fields, Schlumberger Overseas S.A.
- Bundit Pattanasak, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Bundit Chaisilboon, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Jirawat Chewaroungroaj, Chulalongkorn University
- Piyachat Chuawongboon, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Sam Cohen, Sage Consultants
- Elie Daher, NExT- Schlumberger
- Paolo Gavioli, Baker Hughes
- Daniel J Haines II, NUCOASTAL Ltd.
- Yongyot Harnsuvanich, ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Khorat Inc.
- D.M. Anwar Raja Ibrahim, PetroMalaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Jonathan T. Kwan, Quanelle Inc.
- Kasira Laitrakull, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Pakawas Mangkang, Chulalongkorn University
- Hiroshi Okabe, Japan Oil, Gas and Metals Natl. Corp. (JOGMEC)
- Komon Pinyo, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Guillaume Plessis, NOV Grant Prideco
- Kitisak Sakranggoon, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Weerachai Siripunvaraporn, Mahidol University
- Nisanart Soontarasing, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Wiwit Sumritwatchasain, PTT Exploration and Production Plc.
- Deden Supriyatman, Total Indonesia
- James S Wang, Cabot China Ltd.
- Mahmood Amani, Texas A&M University at Qatar
Education Week Co-Sponsors
If your organization would like to participate as a sponsor in Education Week, contact:
IPTC Senior Event Manager